What's new with vote.org
New links also under "Our Webbed Friends" on index page .
- CUIP -The Committee for a Unified Independent Party. CUIP urges reforms such as same day voter
registration, fair ballot access rules, and more open debates.
- June 21-5, 2000 Second International Direct Democracy Conference, Athens, Greece. Read or join the Continuing International Congress o
n Direct Democracy email discussion!
- February 25-26, 2000 Conference: Direct Democracy: The Eastern & Central European Experience, Budapest
- Draft proposal for the Direct Democracy
allowing initiatives at all governmental levels in the U.S., advanced by former Senator Mike Gravel
- Here's what happens without self-determination
- 1999 The Populist Paradox: Interest Group Influence and the Promise of Direct Legislation, by Elisabeth R. Gerber, shows that people, not money, have usually won with direct democracy!
- 8/96 Ontario's Premier Harris issues "Request for Input" on his call for "direct democracy". We're a footnote in Canadian history!
- 5/20/96 U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Colorado's Amendment Two soothes fear of "Tyranny of the Majority"
back to vote.org index page