Bio of Evan Ravitz
440-6838 | E-Mail: email@example.com
- Spearheaded the establishment
of the Alternative High School at Croton-Harmon
High School, New York, 1969
- Computerized the Latin American
Division of Xerox in Stamford, Connecticut, 1971
- Founding member of the Colorado
Springs Artists Co-op, 1973
- Professional not-so-tight-rope
artist, 1978-98 -see photo).
- Rode a mountain bike from
Arizona to Guatemala
11/88-2/89, including the first bicycle crossing of a 400-mile track
through the Sierra Madre Occidental.
- Founded the Voting by Phone Foundation, 1989.
- Author of column "As the Millennium Turns"
for Colorado Daily, 1990-95
- Voted "Best Activist" by
readers of Boulder Daily
Camera, 7/26/92 for promoting voting by phone and spearheading the 13th
St. Bike Path, built in 1993.
- First and only to put an
initiative for phone voting on a ballot (Boulder Colorado, 1993) We
- Rafted the Jatate, Lacuntun and
Ucimacinta Rivers in Chiapas, Mexico on a log raft, 2/93
- Observer of
Government-Zapatista negotiations in Chiapas, Mexico, 2/94
- A main source for the book Presumed Guilty regarding the murder of neighbor JonBenet Ramsey,
- Advisor to fmr.
US Senator Mike Gravel on the National
Initiative for Democracy 1999-
- Backpacked from home in Boulder to Salida, 300 miles on the
Continental Divide and Colorado Trails, 2001
- Put the best 1000 photos of
a 1/3 century of color photography on the web, 2003
helping people with The
Doctor is IN booth on Boulder's Pearl St. Mall, 2003
- Started Gates of Paradise Trips to hot springs in Mexico's Copper Canyon, 2007
"It is always the adventurers who
accomplish great things." -Charles de Montesquieu
- Programmer Analyst, Xerox
National Sales. Rochester, NY. 1972-3.
- Programmer Analyst, UCLA
Medical Center. Los Angeles, CA. 1973-4.
- Programmer Analyst, IP Sharpe,
Ltd, Rochester, NY & Toronto 1975-6
- Programmer Analyst, The
Architects. Taos NM. 1977 .
- Researcher and Office Manager,
New Mexico Solar Energy Association. Taos, NM. 1978.
- Performing Artist; Various
- Founder, Voting By
Phone Foundation (now Vote.org) Boulder, CO, 1989 - Present
- Columnist, Colorado Daily,
Boulder, CO. 1990 - 1995
- Researcher for entrepreneur Jared Polis and Aquacopia Ventures, LLC, 2006-
- Croton-Harmon High School,
Croton-on-Hudson, NY. 1966 -1970.
- Colorado College, Colorado
Springs, CO. 1971-2.
- CU-Boulder, 1980.
To National Initiative for Democracy